It is the first Football Funday Sunday and I grilled the best dinner for the celebration. The other day I was at work trying to figure out what I wanted to cook for dinner that night. I didn’t want to make anything that was too time consuming or spend a lot of money on the ingredients. When I can’t figure out what I want to cook, I usually browse the protein aisle until something pops out at me. I saw that bacon was on sale, and then I looked over and the chicken was too. Bacon wrapped chicken; done.
This is a quick and simple chicken dinner recipe, and the chicken is moist and full of flavor. Did I mention wrapped in bacon?
Want a bacon dessert? Check out these Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes http://www.muffinsandmeat.com/2014/04/24/chocolate-bacon-cupcakes/
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 1 pkg bacon
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Any extra seasonings you would like
- Light/Start grill; charcoal medium-high heat. Keep coals centered in the middle of the grate.
- Clean chicken, then pound chicken until cutlets are evenly flat.
- Cut chicken in half.
- Sprinkle pepper and garlic powder (and any other seasonings being used) on both sides of the chicken cutlet.
- Wrap chicken in bacon. If you feel it is needed, use toothpicks to hold bacon in place.
- When grill is ready, place chicken around the outside of the coals so one end of the cutlet is more exposed to the heat. Cook for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes is up, rotate the chicken so that the unexposed side is now facing the charcoals. This keeps the bacon from burning.
- Flip the chicken and repeat the same process.
- Once the chicken has cooked on the outside of the coals; place the chicken over the charcoal. Cook chicken for about 3-4 minutes, checking frequently to ensure bacon is not burning. Once bacon is to your liking
- flip and repeat; checking your bacon frequently. Once that side is to your liking remove from heat.