Last week Duane and I had our birthdays and we celebrated by having dinner last Friday at my mom’s house. My mom, whose birthday is this week, made lasagna (Duane got a night off from cooking) and I made REESE’S cheesecake cupcakes, chocolate chunk cookies, and her present (shown to the left). It was a wonderful dinner!
I have baked something like these cupcakes not too long ago, Reduced Fat Reese’s Cheesecake (recipe can be found on this site). I’m not sure which I like best, they are both delicious. This recipe originated from insidebrucrewlife.com, but I made a few changes to it. Her site is also where I found the first Reese’s cheesecake bites I made (great site). if you are a big REESE’S fan, you will love these cupcakes. Chocolate, Reese’s Peanut butter Cups, and cheesecake. Enough said!
REESE’S Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 2 (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 18 Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, regular sized
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 9 Oreos
- Reddi Whip
- Line cupcake tray with liners. Split 9 Oreos so you have 18. Place 1 of the Oreo halves in each cupcake liner. Place a large unwrapped peanut butter cup on top of the Oreo. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until very creamy. Add the sugar and beat on low until fluffy. Add in the eggs, sour cream, honey, and peanut butter. Beat until well combined.
- Spoon enough batter over top to fill the liners 3/4 full. Bake at 350* for 20-22 minutes. Cool in pan for about 15 minutes, then carefully remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Using the double boiler method, heat whipping cream, and stir in chocolate chips. Continue stirring until chips are completely melted. Top each cheesecake with a generous spoonful. Refrigerate. Before serving, top with cool whip.