I recently read an article on BuzzFeed.com called “31 Fun Treats To Make In A Muffin Tin”. There were some really good (and bad) ideas, and 2 weekends ago I tried S’mores Cookie. I wasn’t very impressed with the way they turned out and wasn’t quite sure about trying another muffin pan treat. On MarthaStewart.com I found an OREO cheesecake cupcake recipe that looked delicious, they made me think of white chocolate Reese’s Cups. So I decided to give them a shot.
The best part about this recipe is that it is quick and easy. Sometimes there is time to make a cake that takes 24 hours to chill and sometimes there’s not. These cupcakes are better when eaten within a few hours after chilling, the longer they sit, the softer the oreo gets. The recipe also makes a large quantity so it is great for larger parties.
I almost forgot to mention… they are low-fat too (you would never know)!
Shelf life: 3 days
Cookies and Cream Cheesecupcake Bites
- 42 reduced-fat cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Reduced-Fat Oreos, 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
- With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 25 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.