I love topping a pulled pork sandwich with a nice helping of coleslaw. The other weekend I made a slow cooked pork shoulder (recipe pending) and this refreshing coleslaw. I am very pleased with the way this coleslaw turned out. It is very flavorful and easy to make, despite the long list of ingredients. Never let a long ingredient list deter you from any recipe; chances are it is well worth it!
Want to try a spicier coleslaw? Check out: http://www.muffinsandmeat.com/2013/02/17/spicy-honey-mustard-coleslaw/
- 6 cups shaved green cabbage
- 2 cups shaved red cabbage
- 2-3 peeled and shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped fine
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Shave cabbage by hand as thinly as possible. Add shredded carrot and chopped onion.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the cabbage, carrots. and onions.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour to incorporate flavors; then mix again and serve.