Another great weekend comes to an end WAY too soon. Since moving back down here I do not have as many friends as I did up north, but over the weekend I met up with an old friend for coffee (I wish I ordered decaf), we had some good laughs and talked about everything and anything (I can’t wait to do it again). What else that was great about this weekend is that I also clenched 1st place in my bracket; even with Florida’s loss. I found an amazing gelato (that I just finished, smh), which then led me to wanting to buy an ice cream maker, and today since Duane and I wanted to try to get the most out of the day we woke up nice and early. If I’m up early…I’m making breakfast, and this morning I had the urge to make chocolate chip pancakes. These pancakes have a little cinnamon and vanilla in the batter which give the pancakes added flavor.
Since I was the only one eating the delicious breakfast treat, the measurements below only makes 3 pancakes; however it is very easy to double the amounts (maybe even easier) this is a very yummy recipe, but next time I make them I am putting less chocolate chips. I never thought I would ever say that, but the first pancake I made was nothing but chocolate. Normally that would be a good thing, but not for my pancakes. Next time I make a batch, I think I am going to add mixed berries. Overall, not just the fluffy chocolate chip pancakes, but all of the meals that Duane and I made today turned out amazing! We will post the delicious naan and chicken vindaloo that we made tonight within the next few days 🙂
Like these pancakes? Check out one of our other pancake recipes:
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 3/8 cup milk
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- chocolate chips, your preference in amount
- powdered sugar (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together milk and vinegar. Set aside and allow it to sit for five minutes. It will look curdled–that is normal.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Place butter in a small bowl and melt in the microwave.Since the recipe calls for half an egg, in a separate bowl, whisk together and pour half of the egg to the butter. Whisk together until well-combined. Pour butter/egg mixture into milk/vinegar mixture and mix again.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients all at once. Add vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Gently stir only until all ingredients are uniformly moist. Don’t over mix or the pancakes will be tough.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray, and drop 1/4 cup spoonfuls of batter onto skillet. Cook until bubbles form and pop, then flip and cook the other side.