It has been awhile since I have made cookies so this past weekend I decided it was time to make some dough. Duane loves peanut butter and I wanted to make something I thought he would really like. I went with these chocolate peanut butter centered cookies. When I ate the first cookie, I thought a glass of milk would go great with them. Instead of the milk, I grabbed some Fat Free Breyers Creamy Vanilla ice cream, a bowl and a spoon. I am so glad I did, this was such an amazing dessert. This recipe will be going into the “will make again soon” folder.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight Sundae
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- butter and sugar for tops of cookie
- Preheat oven to 375 and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- TO MAKE FILLING: mix together the peanut butter and conectioner’s sugar. Roll into 24 balls. Once you have made all 24, place in the freezer while you make the dough.
- MAKING THE DOUGH: Beat the butter and the sugars together, until blended.
- Add in the vanilla and egg and beat until fully combined.
- Gradually add in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda until blended. Add chocolate chips
- Remove the peanut butter balls (which should be very firm) Form the cookie dough around the peanut butter ball, covering completely.
- Rub a little butter to the bottom of a drinking glass. Dip into sugar, coating the bottom of the glass. Gently flatten the cookies; just a little bit.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes or until the tops begin to crack.