I have wanted to make a scampi sauce for quite awhile but I couldn’t find any recipes I liked. The few that I had found used wine and I am not a wine drinker so the other day when I came across one that used beer, it gave me an idea. I used the recipe’s butter to beer ratio but used my own spice combinations. It is an easy and fast recipe and it has an amazing flavor. This is by far the best scampi sauce I have ever had.
Spicy Shrimp and Beer Scampi Sauce
- 1 lb of shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup beer
- 3-4 tbs butter
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Peel garlic cloves and brush both the knife and cloves with the olive oil. This prevents the garlic from sticking when mincing. Mince garlic.
- Saute garlic and herbs in butter until garlic is slightly brown.
- Add shrimp, stir often, until shrimp are pink and done.
- Pour in beer and simmer for 1 minute.