The other night we wanted barbeque chicken for dinner and since it was storming outside I decided to bake it. I wanted to try something a little different. I wondered how it would taste if I put the BBQ on the inside of the chicken and rubbed the outside with rotisserie seasoning. The chicken came out so tender! We were so happy with how the chicken came out I want to try stuffing the chicken with other things like: cheese, jalapenos, onions, mushrooms and apples. Besides stuffing the chicken with different things, I also want to try grilling the chicken next time.
Outside-In BBQ Chicken
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast (however many you need)
- Jack Daniel’s honey smokehouse BBQ sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- Preheat oven 385 degrees. Using butter or a non-stick spray, very lightly grease baking dish. We use Pyrex.
- Rinse chicken.
- By inserting the knife in the thick end of the cutlet, make a pocket as deep as you can without cutting the chicken open. (see photos above)
- With the opening side up, pour in the barbeque sauce 3/4 of the way full. Toothpick it closed. (see photo above)
- Brush both sides with olive oil, then sprinkle the rotisserie chicken seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.